Thursday, October 06, 2005

Vicky's Gotta Secret

Good morning! I'm not going to take up much time, but had to write about something I saw last night. I went to the "new" Tysons Corner mall to see a movie with some friends. (Proof = decent movie. Jake Gyllenhall = YUMMY.) The mall is friggin huge. As if it wasn't big enough before, they've added three floors a food court, a couple of restaurants, etc. HUGE.

The point of this is, I went to Victoria's Secret. You know the one that's been on the news because of the stripper like poses and attire of the mannequins? While I admit, its not your mama's Victoria's Secret, I was not offended by the displays. Hell, Bray wanted me to take his picture by one of them. ha ha I did kind of feel like I was walking into a strip club...low lighting, loud music, etc.

So yeah the mannequins are no big deal however, this new store now has an "adult section". Its a small room separated from the rest of the store with black curtains. Kind of like the little rooms they used to have in video stores where you had to be 18 to enter? (Yeah I'm old, I remember this shit.) Anyway, I had to check it out. The lingerie in this particular section rivals that of Fredericks of Hollywood. No crotchless panties mind you, or at least I didn't see any, but damn. The one item that caught my eye was the pearl thong. Now tell me Girls With Drinks and Berk, why in God's name would I want a string of pearls (fake ones at that) up my ass? I am a dedicated thong wearer, but pearls?? Haven't they seen the Sex in the City episode where Samantha wore them? One word...OUCH. (okay, okay so she did walk up about 40 flights of stairs, but still.)

Just had to share.

6 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I dunno. I think it was supposed to be the gift that kept on giving, but frankly, it seemed to be the gift that kept on chafing. Granted, there were 40 flights of stairs involved but some things just don't seem sexy.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger what about buckley said...

pearl thong... where to begin? Design flaws, what if it breaks when you sit down and the pearls roll across the restaurant, and who has to pick them up, what if the paint from the 'pearls' wears off on your crack, etc.

Like my dog having his stomach pumped after eating an entire german chocolate cake convinced me that I will NEVER again eat that cake, so it is with Samantha's SATC Ep and wearing a pearl thong.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger John Berkoski said...

ETC, I'm yours for shopping if you model the pearl thong for me. ;-)

otherwise i'll give you my sizes and meet you at the bar.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

so am i to interpret this as Kayla having an affinity for the pearl thong?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

i can dig it

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger what about buckley said...

I-66 said...
i can dig it

11:00 AM


....dig it out, you mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home