Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Mandal



I know we've been over this topic before, but considering the blind date I had last night, I just can't help but bring it up again. Why on god's green earth do men insist on wearing "mandals"? WHY?? Can someone please explain to me the cosmic force that drives them to do this? I mean, is someone or something whispering in their ears "go ahead, they look cool and the chicks dig 'em"?

I may be coming across as a very shallow, narrowminded person considering my posts regarding men and their unfortunate choices in shoes. However, the 40+ pairs of shoes in my closet can tell you, this is one topic I have the knowledge and experience to comment on.

As K mentioned in her comment to a previous post, the mandal should never be worn by any self-respecting man. Style challenged or not, they are just bad. If you insist on airing out the feet, throw on some flip-flops and be done with it. Unless you have gnarly ass feet, there is really no bad time for the flip-flop. I mean ladies, what is sexier than a man in khakis, t-shirt (or polo) and flip flops? Not much. Oh and don't even get me started on the tucking in of the shirt. That is something you just do not do, unless you're in a dress shirt and tie. You feelin me?

I could go on and on about this, but I think I have made my point. Just to drive it home, I'm adding pictures of the dreaded mandal, both open toe and closed. If you are of the male persuasion and you happen to come across this article...TAKE NOTES and STAY AWAY FROM THE MANDAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home