Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pleasantly Plump Tuesday

Anybody giving up anything for Lent this year? I know many people who are not Catholics, but use Lent as an opportunity to give up something for 40 days (kind of like a trial run). This year I'm not so much giving up something (past years include smoking, drinking, desserts...). I am going to follow my diet to the letter and work out 5 days a week.

I fell off of the health wagon 2 years ago (2004 as Kayla will attest was a TERRIBLE year for me as well) and I haven't been able to successfully make diet and exercise a continuing habit.

I'm going to use Lent to get back on the wagon!! A few of my friends are having a small Fat Tuesday celebration (a "pleasantly plump" Tuesday, if you will) and I'm going to have my Last Supper before dieting.

I have given up many things for New Year's and Lent and have usually been successful. So here's to me!! Let's hope these habits stick past Easter.

4 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Here's to you, baby. 2004, 2005 - pfffffffffft to them. 2006 is where it's at (two turntables and a microphone)...

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

That's what I'm giving up for Lent too! I cycle from year to year being health-conscious and fit, to not so much...And now that I'm not in college anymore, it seems a little shallow to give up alcohol, or random hook-ups, etc...:-p

Good luck, and thanks for reminding that Lent comes early this year.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

[in utter silent shock with the appearance of a post here]

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger JP said...

Oh, believe it - WE'RE BACK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home